We do our best to provide you with the best engine we possibly can. That’s why we have taken the 15 hp model and made it better! You can enjoy added features such as a larger displacement, from 328cc to 351cc, and enhanced motor mounts from this durable 15 hp 4-stroke engine. Go ahead; put the engine to the test! You won’t regret it!
Power Tilt! We’ve added Power Tilt to our remote steering/throttle models, to provide you even greater operating convenience. This engine offers the same features as all of our 15hp models plus an added power tilt feature for greater operating convenience. As with our other engines, you can count on it to deliver the same reliability our reputation was built on.
Tohatsu 15 hp 4-Stroke Benefits:
- Sleek design
- Light and compact!
- Designed with proven technology
- Advanced cross-flow induction for smooth operation
- Canister style oil filter for easy replacement
- Larger capacity oil reservoir for optimum lubrication
- Tuned intake system for crisp takeoffs
- Ultra Low emission, EPA and CARB approved
- 5 Year limited Warranty
High Performance and Easy Operation:
- Digital CD ignition for easier engine starting, quicker throttle response and smoother trolling
- Recoil starter with larger reel making manual starting fast and easy
- Large alternator and rectifier for superior battery charging*
- Front mounted shift lever for easier operation
- Remote control models available
- Shallow water drive*
- 6 trim positions*
- Adjustable steering friction for reducing steering effort*
Fundamentals for User Convenience and Reliability:
- Through-the-prop exhaust for a quieter ride
- Thermostatically controlled cooling system for consistent engine temperature
- Stainless steel water pump housing liner for outstanding durability
- High grade marine aluminum alloy that provides the ultimate protection against corrosion
- Zinc coating on internal water passages for superior corrosion resistance
- 3.1 gallon (12 liter) fuel tank including fuel fittings and fuel line
- Aluminum propeller
Warning and Protection:
- Low oil pressure warning (visual and audible**)
- Safety lanyard (an essential protection feature standard on all Tohatsu outboards)
- Start-in-gear protection for safer engine starting
- Over-rev. limiter
* Certain models
** Remote control models
Simple Steering Friction Lever - The steering friction lever, located at the front of the motor, allows the steering friction to be adjusted for both steady running at high speed and easier maneuvering while trolling.
The shift lever is located on the front of the motor for easier operation.
Our air-intake system has a large volume air silencer to ensure engine starting and to suppress air-intake noise during engine operation.
Wide anti-cavitation plate with trim tab - The wide anti-cavitation plate effectively restrains the propeller from cavitating. The large trim tab helps to achieve effortless steering at high speeds while also providing corrosion protection.