The 2.5hp 4-stroke is portable and powerful. Plus, with features such as the throttle grip on the steering handle, forward neutral shift and the 360 degree pivot steering, maneuvering out on the water has never been easier. In addition, the convenient carrying handle adds to the engine’s portability. With these features, it’s no wonder Tohatsu engines are ahead of the competition when it comes to this class.
The 2.5 hp Tohatsu 4-stroke is the perfect outboard for a small canoe, dingy, or sailboat. This compact outboard has the largest displacement block in its class, giving you the utmost power in a small package.
Tohatsu 2.5 hp 4-Stroke Benefits:
- Water cooled and thermostatically controlled cooling system for consistent engine temperature
- Digital CD ignition system for easier starting, quicker throttle response and smoother trolling
- Forward-neutral shifting with 360° steering
- Easy to check oil level gauge indicator located on the engine's side
- Light and compact
- Convenient carrying handle
- Ultra-low emission, EPA and CARB 3-Star rating approved
- 5 Year limited warranty
This Tohatsu patented powerhead design is tilted 15 degrees to the right inside the lower motor cover to create a compact top cowling design and also help with portability.
The twist type throttle control is provided on the steering handle for quick steering as well as one-handed operation to assure your safety.
360° Full Pivot Steering
The outboard can be turned to any direction, up to 360 degrees, for simple steering that is needed for small boats.
Oil Level Sight-Gauge
Conveniently located on the side of the motor, the oil level sight- gauge makes it easy to check the oil level without having to remove the cowling.
Four Point Vibration Absorb System
The specifically designed motor mounting system efficiently absorbs vibration at all rpm ranges.